Many of our customers have an established change management approach that uses our tt performance suite as a platform. All they have to do is apply this approach to their S/4HANA initiatives. But what do you do if you haven’t established this type of approach yet? This was the case at Corbion, a global market leader in the production of lactic acid for the food industry. Corbion operates in many countries in Asia, Europe and Latin America and intends to roll out “Source to Pay”, “Demand to Supply”, “Order to Cash”, “Maintain to Settle” and “Finance to Manage” in a greenfield implementation as part of its S/4HANA project. The project was dubbed CUBE, which stands for “Corbion United By ERP”. The change management stream of the overall implementation project followed a very systematic – or as we would say, “industrialized” – approach.
- Corbion ran a selection process in order to find the best user adoption technology, and selected tt performance suite for content creation, curation and context-sensitive distribution.
- Corbion SMEs as well as tts consultants ran a learning needs analysis as part of a consultant-coached process. Process by process, the required content was defined based on context (e.g. employee role, process, end product) and the learning and support formats needed (step list, documentation, simulation, e-learning, other materials).
- This content was transferred to the tt performance suite workbench along with information about context, content and when and by whom the content would need to be created.
- Standard templates were developed for a standardized Corbion content design and a content design manual was also produced.
- Material was created and localized in line with the go-live priorities and the finalization process in SAP. Corbion decided to outsource content creation, with SMEs providing input and reviewing content.
- The first wave of go-live rollouts commenced in Asia on 1 October 2019.
- Content maintenance was stipulated by the Corbion content governance approach, the intention being for Corbion SMEs to manage maintenance work to ensure permanent alignment between business processes and the available learning/support content.
While the rollout is still ongoing, this industrialized content creation and distribution process will become the new gold standard within Corbion change management initiatives. Work is already under way on exploring additional software projects.